Geotab is celebrating 17 years in business! Way back on August 9, 2000, Geotab was officially founded in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. To mark this special event, we’ve put together a list of 17 Fun Facts about Geotab.
17 Fun Facts About Geotab
- Geotab devices are in use in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Geotab collects over 1.7 billion raw data points a day – and growing!
- Geotab has 5 core pillars of innovation, which businesses use to manage their fleets: Productivity, Safety, Fleet Optimization, Compliance, and Expandability.
- If all the vehicles in our database were lined up end-to-end, they would reach from New York to Vegas.
- Vehicles with Geotab devices have driven 1.8 billion kilometers (1.2 billion miles) in the past 30 days — that’s 32 trips to Mars or 12 trips to the Sun.
- More than 300 people attended our Geotab Connect 2017 conference in-person in Las Vegas with over 750 online attendees.
- Geotab is environmentally conscious — we’ve helped over 100,000 customers reduce their idling time.
- Geotab has won prestigious awards such as the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, the 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year, and the 2016 Frost & Sullivan North American Product Leadership Award.
- Over 44 languages are spoken by our employees.
- Geotab has offices in Canada, the United States, Germany, and Spain.
- Over 60% of the employees at the Canadian head office are millennials. Geotab has had 22 interns and almost 30 new grads join Geotab this year.
- Geotab has donated to 20 Not-For-Profit charities in 2016, and attends events such as the Big Bike Race each year.
- On an average Friday lunch, we serve 492 slices of pizza, 195 shawarmas or 360 subs.
- Our meeting rooms are named after famous inventors like Tesla and Einstein.
- Geotab’s light snack program serves an average of 10,000 apples, 3,500 liters (over 900 gallons) of trail mix, and 40,000 cold drinks a year.
- Geotab sponsors three basketball teams, two softball teams, a soccer team and a hockey team — that’s seven teams altogether.
- Geotabbers drink 70,720 cups of coffee and 23,650 espresso shots each year.
Here at Geotab we are very proud of how far we have come in 17 years. Here’s to 17 more